Policies & Procedures
Back to Policies & Procedures
Ta’iala Academy has a NO TOLERANCE policy for any staff abusing children either verbally or physically. We strive to maintain a positive atmosphere where students feel they can express their ideas and feelings without being ridiculed or put down. All teachers are trained in ways to employ positive direction instead of using negative discipline techniques.
Please review and discuss with your children the Ta’iala Academy Student Discipline Plan. Although our teachers will be discussing the plan in school, parents carrying out this activity at home with their children will serve to emphasize the importance of following rules and the partnership of parents with the school.
Students are encouraged to resolve their differences within the school environment, with the support of their teachers and administrators. Parents will be informed when differences cannot be resolved or when deemed appropriate with regard to frequency and severity.
If you have concerns that involve other students, please report your concerns to the Principal, or teacher for appropriate action. Parents are requested NOT to approach the other students/parents with the concern.
Please keep your copy of the Ta’iala Academy Student Discipline Plan with the Ta’iala Parent Handbook for handy reference.
Discipline Guidelines A. Infractions
a. Level 1, C offenses
i. (3 chances to correct, next infraction is a B offense)
iii. Dress code violation- as outlined below.
v. Classroom rules-to be developed with students
b. Level 2, B Offense
iv. Physical destruction or vandalism of school property.
c. Level 3, A offense (Need the Police/Broke the law)
i. Theft - school property
ii. Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco
iii. Assault - includes fighting, biting, etc.
B. Consequences- Ta’iala Academy discipline process is based on repeat infractions.
i. Level 1 Offenses and Resulting Consequences:
1. 1st infraction: Warning and counseling by teacher.
2. 2nd infraction: Phone call to parents and counseling by principal.
3. 3rd infraction: Write up in school record by teacher or principal and meeting with parents and student (consequences from 3rd to 6th result in write-up for student's school records and parent meetings.)
4. 4th infraction: Detention with phone call notice to parents.
5. 5th: Suspension with letter notice to parents and follow up hearing by student government representatives and members of school administration to determine justification for suspension and length of suspension.
6. 6th: Expulsion with letter notice to parents--no right of appeal.
ii. Level 2 Offenses: Triggers 4th infraction consequence. A repeat of level 2 offense results in suspension. 3-peat (3-strikes your out) results in expulsion.
iii. Level 3 Offenses: Triggers 6th infraction consequence. Zero tolerance for violence and drugs.
Parents will always be notified of any student behavioral problems/ discipline administered by Ta’iala Academy. The infraction will dictate which level of notice will be given to parents.